What a Chick Wants, What a Chick Needs

genie-lamps-2

Since we didn’t get what we wanted for Christmas (a Saints playoff appearance) nor what we wanted for Valentines Day (a butt naked Reggie Bush/Marques Colston/Lance Moore/Pierre Thomas doing our laundry before making us breakfast), we figure with our collective birthdays coming up, third time’s a charm. And so, we hereby offer you the Chicks’ 3 wishes for the Saints this offseason.

#1: Safety

Let’s not play coy people; we all know the downfall of the Saints the past two seasons. Offenses ranging in skill set from mediocre to downright awful somehow managed to light up our secondary like a Christmas Tree. Hell, we even made that s.o.b. Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana on one very forgettable and frigid Thursday night in 2008. If the future of our secondary lies in the hands of Kevin Kaesviharn and Chris Reis, how’s about we just pack it in now and bring back the New Orleans Voodoo arena team.

#2: Outside Linebacker

We thankfully resigned Jon Vilma, but the Saints defense can still use some shoring up at the outside linebacker position.

#3: Corner

We’re hopeful this issue was addressed with the addition of Jabari Greer. Tracy Porter looked pretty good last season, before his injury. Since Mike McKenzie’s knees seem to already be measuring the analyst chair over at ESPN, we’ll need another reliable corner in the fold just in case. To put it bluntly, The Chicks yearn for the day when we don’t experience a near panic attack when the likes of Tyler Thigpin drops back for a “Hail Mary.”

#4:(Yeah we know we said 3 wishes, but we WISH to do 4!)
Get Deuce back.

In a perfect world, Deuce hangs around the free agent market for a while before the Saints, realizing they hold all the bargaining power, offer him a reduced but respectable contract. He agrees to resign, there are no hard feelings, and everyone goes out for pizza.

Hey, a chick can dream, right?

Wanna know what our enemies crave this offseason (other than a cooler city to have been born in)? Check it out on the NFL Outsider

About Nola Chick
Shaneika, a.k.a. Nola Chick, is a lifelong crazed Saints fan and creator of chicksinthehuddle.com. If she looks familiar, you may have seen her lose a Cadillac on "The Price is Right" with Bob Barker or win Super Bowl tickets on the Ellen Show. (She gets around...) Twitter Handle: @chicksndahuddle

Comments

1. D-BB says:

Wow, a blog by babes about sports. Sort of a disappointment though.

The NFL Saints are without question the worse professional sports team in the history of professional sports in the world when it comes to wins and losses. It is with irony that they play in New Orleans, a city that leads the state in ignorant folks in a state that is near the top of leading the country with ignorant folks.

On the other hand, the NBA New Orleans Hornets team provides exciting sports entertainment for a city unaccustomed to winning.

2. Nola Chick says:

hmmm…i’m guessing d-bb stands for “douche-bag beeyatch?” am i even close?

well either way, thanks for stopping by. y’all come back now, ya hear!

3. Mother Hen says:

Must be a Falcons fan…

4. D-BB says:

Why must I be a Falcons’ fan for saying how bad the Saints are?

Show me any team in the world that has been a worse performer since 1967.

As far the Hornets, now that’s kick ass party time and represemts what the Big Easy really is.

By the way, how many boobs in dat huddle are hanging and are u or u all hot. I need to know since I am doing stats for Gallop Pole.

You tell me when your sack drops and I’ll tell you how low our boobs hang. Sound like a deal, darling?

xoxo

6. cougar chick says:

We support our team no matter what, just as we love this city no matter what. It takes determination, unyielding hope, commitment, strong character and an “f-you” attitude toward others who say we shouldn’t support a historically poor-performing team, or not rebuild a city like New Orleans.

D-BB is the epitome of ignorance…..regarding New Orleans, regarding the Saints fanbase, and quite frankly about “chicks” too.

Oh, by the way – they’re real, and they’re spectacular!

(D-BB might be too young to get the Seinfeld reference….although regardless of D-BB’s actual age, the comment about boobs reflects a definitive level of immaturity).

7. Nola Chick says:

oh-hell-yeah!!!!!! looks like someone let the “cougar” out of the bag!

8. D-BB says:

Hey, I want to object to what you are all saying about me. Here goes……….

Uh, hmmm, damn, ccan’t really come up with anything.

OHHHHHHHH I know, “I AM NOT THE MASTER OF MY DOMAIN” (Fact is I am a slave to my domain.)

9. D-BB says:

Hey Chicks, I need your alls’ help. Someone said something a bit snippy about you all over on that Canal Street Kronicals. I went to your defense and now they have banned me. I am running out of websites to visit.

Can you all pull some strings for me and tell them I am sorry and I will behave myself? I think I would enjoy chit chatting with them. It’s just that we got off to a bad start.

See if u can get me another chance. I was booted in les than 24 hours. If u can, I will take down my recent post on my blog.

Also, I just got a gut feeling that you all are hot so I am gonna add you to my blog roll.

Can you add me to yours? I have impeccable references. Jefro over at Liberry Chronicles, Ursta over at Right Hand Thief, Charlotte over at Cassa Da Luny and The Huckster over at Huck Up Chuck. I am also a disable veteran.

Sincerely, D-BB

GO SAINTS!

10. Mrs.Swilling says:

Hmmm…..
    Hmmmmm….I think I’m gonna have to send my husband after DBB…how’s that sound ladies??

ANYWAY.

We need all those positions SO BAD its hard to say which one to jump on first. We haven’t really had a bad ass safety since Sammy Knight, it would be nice to see a real bad ass in the secondary.

All’s I now if whatever picks they choose, it better be DEFENSE BABY DEFENSE.

11. Mrs.Swilling says:

oops…I meant to say “All I know IS, whatever picks they choose it better be defense baby defense.”

Our good friend DBB has officially been sent a 1 way ticket to Spamville!

Bon Voyage!

and you’re so right Mrs. Swilling. It’s all about the defense in this draft. If we pick up another receiver, someone gets choked with a black and gold thong.

13. Dorkie*She says:

Not a Saints fan and to be honest I em not educated in the way of football enough to make a good judgment call. . .

What I am though is kinda annoyed at how you ‘chicks’ are presenting your selves.

D-BB is harmless at best. He’s gotta mouth and likes to stir things up a bit. So, instead of engaging him in sports talk you fire back with ‘hmmm…i’m guessing d-bb stands for “douche-bag beeyatch?” am i even close?’.

WHOA!! You chicks ARE SO AMAZING! Way to stick it to the man, ladies.

Good to know that if I want sports updates ans opinons I’ll have to go to a guys site. At least there they talk sports and aren’t catty bitches.

xoxo
    d*s

p.s
    GO NINERS!!!
    (we’ll make a come back. some day.)