Saints vs. Cardinals Recap: Ew Dat!

If you came here to read a post where I bash the Saints for that pathetic performance against the Cardinals on Sunday, you’ve come to the wrong place. Not only am I not about to engage in an explosive rant against my home team, but I’m actually prepared to explain to other fans how Sunday’s craptastic, piss poor display, in every aspect of the game, wasn’t quite as bad as it seemed. And away we go…

Uneasy Breesy
A rookie and a Super Bowl MVP take the field. One keeps his composure despite turning the ball over a few times during crucial points in the game. The other one is Drew Brees.

My beloved QB appeared to be the victim of some sort of sick and twisted “Freaky Friday” switch. That’s the only plausible explanation for what happened in Arizona. (Seeing as how Detroit QB Shaun Hill put up such dramatic numbers against the Rams, it’s safe to assume he was the beneficiary of this weird science.) Brees was responsible for 3 picks and countless moments running around looking scared and confused. But as a long time fan of this team, I think it would be unfair to blame such sloppy play on Drew. I say, blame it on his unborn child.

Whoa, whoa…hear me out. What I’m trying to say is that Drew’s got a baby on the way. His wife could go into labor at any moment. He even took to his Twitter account a few days before the game asking fans to help him name his baby. Isn’t it feasible he’s a tad distracted? Maybe the football reminded him too much of a poopy diaper and he just wanted to get it out of his hands immediately. What else could explain us getting to the red zone 4 times and only coming away with 1 TD? So, here’s hoping Brittany eats some spicy food or something. We need that baby out…and stat!

The Big Comeback
We’re all beat up and banged up and we’ve got star players out, but they’re coming back soon. Reggie Bush might be back in a couple of weeks if you believe his overly positive Tweets. And Darren Sharper and Pierre Thomas might be able to take the field again as early as Sunday. We’ve weathered the storm through some pretty serious player injuries having only lost 2 games. We should be thankful, right? RIGHT YOU SONS OF B*TCHES?!

Sorry, got off my meds for a moment. Moving along…

It’s Not Really the Saints Fault. The Ball Hated Us
Rookie Cardinals QB Max Hall fumbled twice in the game and not only was one recovered but the other was recovered for a Cardinals touchdown. John Carney lined up for a no brainer 29 yard field goal and he missed it. We were on the other sides of games like this last season. They come and they go. You move on.

We’re Not Cowboys Fans
Think about it: their team was crowned Super Bowl Champions before the season even started. They have to watch Tony Romo stink it up every week while drinking $15 beers and eating a $23 footlong. And get this…their team is TOTALLY healthy! They’ve got no excuse for underperforming in such a superb fashion.

See Saints fans, it ain’t so bad. I know it sucks watching our boys not only play in close games against mediocre teams but to get their asses kicked by them. It’s important to keep perspective, though. We’re not healthy. Our quarterback is distracted. Oh, and Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan sold his soul to the devil.

With all this said, if we lose against the Bucs, I’m gonna have to peel off my Super Bowl XLIV happy face and go the f*ck off.

About Nola Chick
Shaneika, a.k.a. Nola Chick, is a lifelong crazed Saints fan and creator of chicksinthehuddle.com. If she looks familiar, you may have seen her lose a Cadillac on "The Price is Right" with Bob Barker or win Super Bowl tickets on the Ellen Show. (She gets around...) Twitter Handle: @chicksndahuddle

Comments

1. nolalola26 says:

Thank you for this. I didn’t know if you’d be guns a’blazin, ready to rip Coach P & #9 some new ones, or if you’d be positive Nola Chick, wagging your finger at the nay-sayers. Glad to see you went with the latter, I think the negativity is getting to our boys in Black & Gold and they need more positive fans like you! I’ll try to stop wringing my hands and get on board the “We Still Believe” bus.

2. Michelle says:

That’s how I get through each week, reminding myself I’m not a cowboys fan. :)

I second the spicy food. Just not jumping jacks. Trust me, Brittany, they don’t work. Ouch!

3. Nola Chick says:

If I don’t believe in em, who will? we gotta keep the faith, they’re 3-2 not 0-5. i know the way they’re performing isn’t exactly encouraging but i think there’s a lot of parity in the league right now. no one is out right crushing anyone. they’ll get their mojo!

4. ftballchick says:

Agree. The season is still young.
    Last season was magical, and those seasons are rare. They will find their mojo.

My final comment is not on the team but on the coach (and intended to pander to female fans only)
    Is it just me or does Sean Payton get sexier each season? Hard to watch the game when coach is fired up on the sidelines.

5. Barefoot Saints says:

As I watched that game yesterday the baby thing did cross my mind but I also thought that “slight” sprain Drew has had the last couple of weeks may still be a problem. I hope he isnt making things worse by taking every snap as well as any hits that come his way. Between the new baby and that nagging knee – no wonder he looked a little out of sorts.

Dare we say…Madden Curse???? (Gasp!)

@ftball chick: Don’t even get me started on Sean Payton. Had I not met and fallen in love with his wife, i’d be texting him shots of my shaved Favre. (Yeah I know…too much…too soon. But i couldn’t resist!)

8. ftballchick says:

I like where you’re going with that. LOL
    I’m sure his wife is lovely but no doubt she doesn’t fully appreciate his hotness factor. And he likes to party. I just might be in love…

Based on the photo of Favre’s “indiscretion” looks like he appreciates Juicy Fruit as well.

(BTW I stumbled on your site today. Love it.)

9. Nola Chick says:

lol about the juicy fruit. that photo would have grossed me out…had i been able to actually see what he was trying to show off!!

thanks for the props on the site!

10. nolalola26 says:

OK gotta tell a fun story about Coach’s partying ways!

So, 2 Fridays ago (Oct 1), my man & I were lucky enough to get great tix to Coach Payton’s “Play it Forward Black & Gold Gala,” where we got to have dinner & drinks ON THE FIELD IN THE DOME & take pictures with the Lombardi trophy & goal posts, generally get goofy and starry-eyed in the name of charity. Coach Payton had had more than a few beers this evening, and at one point during after the live auction, he stripped off his vest (he’d been wearing a beautiful tux..rawr) and tossed it to the dance floor! My friend caught it! So, later, Coach is stumbling by our table, and my friend goes “Coach Payton! I have your vest!” and he was all “Nah, keep it. Woo!” and kept partying.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention that he & Beth were really cool and worked their butts off to get the incredibly financially-blessed crowd to cough up the big bucks for some seriously worthy charities. He is way sexy, and obviously really cares about New Orleans & Louisiana.

11. ftballchick says:

@nolalola26

thanks for sharing. I’m green with envy. Is he possibly the perfect man?

sexy- check
    passionate and fiery- check
    great ass- check
    humanitarian- check
    loves football- check
    loves to party- double check

12. Nola Chick says:

drunken: check
    comfortable with disrobing in public: double check!

13. Cheryl says:

Love, love, love your articles!

14. Nola Chick says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Cheryl!

15. WhoDatCHick says:

We definitely think alike, NOLA Chick. When was the last time Drew was playing like a rookie? Oh that’s right, when Baylen was still in the oven. Brittany needs to get that baby out!

There are too many people saying they just didn’t watch the game or they are slamming our boys every chance they get. I say eff the New Dats! Because the true Saints fans have stuck with this team through much harder times. We’re just a little spoiled after last season.

Let’s just hope they can sneak these next few wins in and when everyone is healthy…LOOK OUT! They’ll be back to beast mode.

16. Nola Chick says:

Amen Sista! These are the times that separate the die-hards from the fairweathers. I rode with in the Aints day. This is nothing!

Trackbacks

1. [...] and gold who can’t hold the ball, catch it, pass it to the right player, or stop the likes of Max freakin Hall! Oh the horror! THE [...]