You know the rules. Drink every time:
– Someone mentions that this is the first cold weather Super Bowl
– Peyton says “Omaha”
– Someone mentions that this Super Bowl is actually not taking place in New York but is being played in New Jersey (and, while you’re at it, take an extra chug for yours truly, Fern Ronay a/k/a CowboysChick, who grew up five miles from Giants Stadium a/k/a MetLife Stadium)
– Skittles are thrown, shown, eaten in honor of Beast Mode
– Someone mentions Richard Sherman’s tirade
– Someone within a ten foot radius of you utters the words “I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials.”
Speaking of the commercials, on the very remote, very off chance someone actually mentions this 2008 Planters Super Bowl ad, you have my permission to chug your beer, do a shot and go Beast Mode on the Doritos. Why? Because I married the guy who came up with it.
Happy Drinking! Don’t Drive.
And don’t be sad that your team is not in it. There’s always next year or, as we say in CowboysChickLand, “Here’s to Jerry Jones firing himself. … Never mind. Pass the beer nuts.”
Thank you for reading CowboysChick on Chicks In The Huddle.
Follow me on Twitter @FernRonay or on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/FernRonay.